Most people during their lifetime will have difficulty losing or maintaining a healthy body weight. Unfortunately, it seems, the more we try losing weight the heavier we become. Any attempt at losing weight is a step by step process and weight control affirmations should most definitely be one of the steps you use to succeed.
Eating less and exercising more is only one part of the solution. Retraining your thoughts and emotions to create new relationships between you, food and exercise is an important part of achieving a healthy weight. Food has always been a source of stress relief, comfort, reward, joy and a bunch of other great feelings to many folks. So instead of just eating in order to feed the body, we often eat to feed our emotions.
What happens when we do this is a kind of roller coaster ride of eating to feel good and then feeling bad for eating too much or eating the wrong kinds of food.
The consistent use of weight control affirmations can assist your mind in creating new beliefs and new emotional attachments to food. So make the commitment to repeat them to yourself several times a day. State your affirmations in the positive and with conviction and feeling. For example, “It feels soooo goooood to be fit and healthy!”
Use the examples of weight control affirmations below as a starting point for your own, personalized affirmations.
* I am feeling thinner today
* My body is getting stronger, healthier and slimmer everyday
* Losing weight is effortless
* I look and feel slimmer everyday
* I am losing weight slowly but surely
* I enjoy being slim and fit
* I am on the road to great health and a great looking body
* I am proud of myself for eating the right foods
* I love how I feel after I exercise
* I love the feeling of being slim and healthy
* I am ready to be thin again
* It feels so good to have a toned body
* I create an abundance of energy when I work out
* My health is extremely important to me
* Taking care of myself gives me great confidence
* I am committed to doing what it takes to become slim and healthy
* I deserve to be healthy in body and in mind
* I will succeed at controlling my weight
* I enjoy life when I am in good shape
* Water is refreshing and satisfies my food cravings
* Every day I notice positive changes in my body
* I love being an inspiration to others
If some of the above weight control affirmations aren’t believable to you try using some simple modifiers such as:
* I am becoming fit in body and mind
* I am in the process of learning to enjoy exercising every day
* I choose to eat only those foods which will help me to become healthier
These simple modifiers can make your weight control affirmations more believable to you. Believing in what you are saying will help you to create the most positive emotional state you can and that is the key to making affirmations work. I’m sure you’ll be surprised and delighted by how effective using weight control affirmations can be if you are consistent, positive and committed to applying them on a daily basis.
Every night make it a habit of laying down in bed and thinking about the possibilities you could achieve, the steps you could take, and visualize doing to motivate yourself for the next day as you drift of to sleep.
Every morning despite anything you have to face, take time to appreciate the simple things in life such as the few moments of alone time you have, the smile on faces of those you love, a beautiful sunny day, fresh air, coffee, music, or whatever small positives make you feel good. When you do this, you set your positive cycle and mood for the day. And it makes it easier to build on it.
Always remember that you must work to create a mood, “maintain” it, and add to it through out the day too! And if negative thoughts enter the mind, refocus to positive. It doesn’t happen by itself! YOU have to boost YOURSELF continually to keep yourself simply positive. Work at it. Its feels good! You just may find that they are what you’ve been needing to get your body and mind on the right track to being the best they can be!